Grandma caterpillar putting on lipstick. [via]
took me a minute
yeah, but when it does, you can’t unsee it
I just saw a post about how a French magazine hired a Caucasian sixteen year old girl to pose as an African woman in a photo shoot and many people reblogged it expressing their anger. While I agree that this is a perfect example of the atrocity that is whitewashing, I have to say, as a Caucasian sixteen year old girl, how awesome it would be to be an African queen for a day? I’m in love with African culture and how diverse the human race is and it would be an amazing opportunity to divulge into that culture for even just a day. You don’t know how often I see beautiful African women and feel envy for their skin tone and facial structure because they are JUST SO UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS.
This has to be the cutest and most adorable thing in history. Ever.
These two really up the bar in the cute off.
"Fuck yo ambitions"
Laverne Cox SLAYED the Facebook Photo Stop on the Emmys Red Carpet.
But…the dude in the corner
look at this picture
when you see it, you cannot unsee it
it’s a woman
PAINTED TO LOOK LIKE A PARROT
it took me 5 minutes to find her
I WAS LIKE NO THAT’S NOT A WOMAN, THAT’S A PARROT
Disney + Almost/Interrupted Kisses
DOnt shop at urban outfitters
they literally sold a blood-stained-looking sweatshirt with the name of a college that there was a school shooting at
they sold prescription-drug related accessories trying to make it cute
they sold a board game entitled “gettopoly” i should not have to explain why this is bad
they sold a super cissexist card with the T slur on it
they literally sold this shirt
PLEASE STOP SHOPPING AT URBAN OUTFITTERS
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
4. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
5. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
6. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
7. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
8. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
9. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
10. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
11. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
13. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
14. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
15. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
A self care list. I’ve been working on this. I promise it’s worth it.